Hummus is a protein-packed, light and healthy snack option. You can pair it with a flatbread, carrots, snap peas, celery, use it as a salad dressing or spread it on a sandwich. It’s versatile and so incredibly easy to make at home.
Combine it with the therapeutic benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) oil derived from hemp—pain relief, relaxation, muscle recovery, reduced inflammation—and you’ve got yourself the perfect midday pick-me-up, appetizer option or happy hour snack.
We’re pretty sure you’ll breeze through this recipe for hemp CBD-infused hummus and never go for store-bought hummus again.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Ingredients for Hemp CBD-Infused Hummus
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 30 mL of hemp CBD oil (you can customize this according to your normal dose)
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2–3 tbsp of water, depending on desired consistency
- A pinch of ground paprika for garnish
RELATED: WHAT IS HEMP CBD?
How to Make Hemp CBD-Infused Hummus
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly and let them drain completely in a colander.
- Once the chickpeas are ready, add them to your food processor with the hemp CBD oil, lemon juice, tahini and salt.
- Blend ingredients in the food processor until creamy; add water for desired consistency.
- If you want to take your hummus to the next level, when serving make a small indentation in the center of the hummus and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of paprika.
Photo credit: jules