5 DIY Ways to Make a Relaxing Cannabis Tea During a Global Pandemic
by HelloMD Staff
April 08, 2020
With increasing research and a wave of cannabis legalization across the globe, marijuana is now a household name. People are making the plant a part of their daily diet to enjoy the numerous health benefits it offers - including relaxation. With a world turned upside down by COVID-19 and as we adjust to our new normal, we all need new ways to cope with anxiety and stress.
For people who are observing shelter-in-place mandates, cannabis tea offers a perfect respite from worries of a global pandemic. Tea is also a healthy beverage to consume throughout the day as it contains antioxidants, may lower blood pressure and it can be a rich source of flavonoids and bioactive compounds.
If you've been curious about cannabis tea, we have an easy DIY recipe to either start-up or wind down your day. If you are looking for some inspiration, here are some easy ways to make it:
Cannabis Tea with Buds:
The most potent way to make cannabis tea is by using the flower bud of the plant. If your cannabis has CBD you may feel the calming properties enhance the overall experience while bud with THC may induce a euphoric high.
- 1 gram cannabis (ground)
- 1 tea bag or loose tea
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sugar or honey
Note: You can also try making tea with a CBD isolate.
- Preheat a pot and boil 4 cups of water. Once the water boils, add the coconut oil and let it dissolve in the water.
- Add the ground cannabis and lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a mug by using a cheesecloth.
- Infuse the tea into the mixture and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Finish it by adding sugar or honey for flavor, and your tea is ready.
Cannabis Tea with Oil:
If you are familiar with using cannabis oil , you can make use of that as well to brew a cup of good old tea. It may help rejuvenate you from within.
- A tea bag or loose tea
- 10mg Cannabis oil or Tincture
- Ginger, honey, or mint
- Boil water in a pan and add it to a mug.
- Add your tea bag or infuser into the mug and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Now add 10mg of cannabis oil to the tea and mix it well.
- Add ginger or honey for flavor, and your tea is ready to be served.
Cannabis Chai Latte:
If you love cannabis tea and want to experiment, a chai latte infused with the cannabis plant can be right for you. Here is how you can make it:
- ½ gram cannabis buds
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Use a sharp knife to chop the buds or grind them.
- Put the cannabis buds, vanilla, milk, and butter in a blender and blend it properly.
- Let the mixture rest for around 60 minutes so that the flavors blend well.
- Pour the mixture into a pan, add water, and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the pan from heat and let a tea bag steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour it into a cup and enjoy your cannabis chai latte.
Cannabis Herbal Tea:
Herbal tea is a great option for anyone who wants to skip the caffeine, while finding medicinal benefits from various herbal brews available in your local grocery shop. It contains minimal ingredients and may help relieve you of stress.
- ½ gram ground cannabis bud
- 1 cup of water
- 1 herbal tea bag
- Organic honey
- Tea infuser
While you may buy cannabis from a local dispensary, you can also find hemp-derived CBD brands online. If you love gardening, try your hand with cannabis and purchase auto-flowering seeds to grow your own organic cannabis buds.
- Take out the stems and roots of the cannabis bud, chopping it into smaller pieces using a sharp knife.
- If you have a tea infuser, place the cannabis inside. If not, you can empty a tea bag and put the cannabis into it.
- Take a pan and boil the water. Once the water boils, put it into a cup.
- Add a regular tea bag and the tea infuser or the tea bag with cannabis into the cup.
- Let it sit for 3 minutes, add honey for taste, and your herbal cannabis tea is ready.
Cannabis Tea with Rose and Chamomile:
Cannabis has a unique earthy flavor which enhances the natural flavor of tea, such as the flavor of rose and chamomile. CAn added benefit of consuming cannabis tea before bed is that it may help you get better sleep.
- 2 teaspoons ground cannabis
- 2 teaspoons dried rose buds
- 2 teaspoons dried chamomile·
- Coconut milk (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Tea infuser
- Boil water in a pan and then pour it into a mug.
- Add dried chamomile, rose, and ground cannabis in a tea infuser.
- Steep it in hot water for 3-5 minutes, and you will have a relaxing and aromatic tea.
- You can add coconut milk and honey to enhance the flavor.
Cannabis tea is an easy way to enjoy the medicinal effects of the plant. You can also customize the flavor of the tea according to your preferences. If you are looking for a fuss-free yet effective way of consuming cannabis every day, making a cannabis tea can be the right option for you.