When it comes to the Super Bowl, sure the game and commercials are important, but the food is what really steals the show. After all, it’s just not Super Bowl Sunday without an epic food spread. And no snack buffet is complete without a 7-layer dip.
Since this dip is one of the most popular game-day dishes, we’ve put together a simple, cannabis-infused version that’s sure to be the Super Bowl MVP. And since this is a no-cook recipe, you can put it together with minimal effort.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
For this recipe, you can use any cannabis tincture you’d like and customize the dosage. We’ve included a suggestion of 5 mL for the whole tray, which could work out to a manageable microdose per half-cup serving. This would be a great starting point for beginners or for folks with a lower cannabis tolerance.
If you want to make sure each person gets exactly one serving for dosing purposes, you can use plastic 9 oz tumblers to make individual, half-cup servings for each party guest.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused 7-Layer Dip
Makes 14 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 5 oz each diced tomatoes and green chilies (half a can), drained
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 container (12 oz) pre-made guacamole
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 5 mL of cannabis tincture
- Tortilla chips
How to Make Cannabis-Infused 7-Layer Dip
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the diced tomatoes and green chilies with refried beans and cannabis tincture. Mix until completely combined and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Spread the refried beans mixture on the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Spread guacamole on top of the bean layer.
- Top the guacamole with an even layer of the sour cream mixture.
- Top the base layers with even coating of cheese, lettuce and quartered grape tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
Photo credit: Natasha Bhogal
If you’re new to cannabis and want to learn more, take a look at our Cannabis 101 index of articles. And if you have questions about cannabis, ask them and our community will answer.