The sun sets earlier, sweaters come out of storage, and the wind leaves a crisp bite in its wake—it must be fall. Besides the weather and short days, there’s one telltale sign that winter is fast approaching: the abundance of pumpkin-spiced products pretty much everywhere you look. You’ve probably already started to see pumpkin-spiced coffee, doughnuts, tea, scented lotion, candles and more.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
If you want to indulge in the fall festivities but want to stick to clean eating, try this recipe for easy, tasty, cannabis-infused pumpkin spice cookies. These cookies feature ingredients packed with health benefits, making them a lot more nourishing than most pumpkin-spiced treats on the grocery store shelves.
- Rolled oats are rich in soluble fiber, can lower cholesterol and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Pumpkin is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, which are all great for heart health.
- Coconut oil is packed with healthy fatty acids that can boost fat burning and provide a great source of energy.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is non-psychoactive and has proven anti-inflammatory, anti-seizure, anti-anxiety benefits and more. Folks experience all sorts of advantages when taking CBD regularly, from helping ease soreness after workouts to reducing migraine pain.
With all of these positives, you can eat these filling cookies for breakfast and not even feel bad about it.
RELATED: 6 REASONS TO CONSUME HEMP CBD
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats (measured carefully)
- 3/4 cup flour (measured carefully)
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree (don’t use pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 15 mL CBD tincture
How to Make CBD-Infused Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and while it heats, prepare the cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together (oats, flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, sea salt) until completely combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, CBD and pumpkin.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined but not over-mixed.
- On a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, drop scoops (a heaping tablespoon’s worth) of cookie dough.
- Then take a spatula and flatten the rounded scoops to the desired thickness. They should be spaced at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, remove from oven, then let cookies cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
Photo credit: Monika Grabkowska