Can my animal overdose on Treatibles?

CBD is shown to be non-toxic even at extreme doses of 700mg per day to 1,500mg per day. There is no known fatal overdose level for cannabis found among the decades of research on the topic, and no known deaths associated with cannabis use.

Here is the exact wording from US Patent #6,630,507, held by The Department of Health and Human Services:

“No signs of toxicity or serious side effects have been observed following chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers (Cunha et al., Pharmacology 21:175-185, 1980), even in large acute doses of 700 mg/day (Consroe et al., Pharmacol. Biochem. Behav. 40:701-708, 1991)”

Research suggests that CBD has lower toxicity and higher tolerability than THC in both humans and non-humans. However, research has not yet established safe dosing guidelines for either population, partly because of highly restrictive federal laws that prohibit scientists from thoroughly investigating its effects.


No. Treatibles do not contain the psychotropic cannabinoid, THC, which is included in high amounts in Marijauna and can lead to static ataxia or THC toxicity in dogs.

Treatibles are made from medicinal grade Hemp which includes little to no THC and high amounts of CBD and other beneficial cannabinoids. We make Treatibles from Hemp to ensure that your animal cannot overdose on them.

If your dog overeats the Treatibles, the worst outcome will most likely be an upset stomach or a temporary case of diarrhea.


What you'll find in this article
    Add a header to begin generating the table of contents

    Related Q&As

    Scroll to Top