There is a large body of anecdotal evidence that cannabis may be helpful as a supplemental therapy for diabetes. There has also been a substantial amount of research done in animal models demonstrating that marijuana stabilizes blood sugar levels.
A summary of potential therapeutic benefits for treatment of diabetics includes the following:
- Blood sugar stabilization
- Anti-inflammation of blood vessels
- Neuroprotection and neuropathic pain / discomfort reduction
- Anti-Spasmodic for muscle pain and gastrointestinal disorders
- Vasodilation for improving circulation and decreasing blood pressure
- Calming restless leg syndrome and promoting sleep