I’m moving from CA to NY, can my CA-based medical marijuana card be used in NY?

Hi there!

Unfortunately, the state of New York does not have reciprocity laws. This means that New York currently does not recognize medical marijuana certificates from other states. You would need to meet with a New York licensed practitioner and have another consultation to see if you are approved for a medical marijuana certificate. However, please note that the qualifying conditions in New York are different from those in California.

HelloMD currently offers consultations for patients in California and New York. If you are interested in meeting with one of our New York physicians, please get in touch with our Customer Service team for further assistance!

I hope this information helps! 🙂


The perfect dose of cannabis advice right to your inbox

Sign-up for news, deals, and more!
By signing up for Perfect Dose, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.