Eating medical marijuana is a different experience from smoking or
vaporizing it. It tends to produce stronger, longer-lasting effects
because the liver metabolizes the cannabinoids before they reach the
brain. Cooking with marijuana-infused butter, or
is one of the easiest ways to reap the benefits of medical marijuana.
Cannabutter is frequently used in baking, and it is particularly popular
as a substitute for regular butter. Here is an easy way to incorporate
it into cheesy garlic bread. (If you’re in a rush, use store-bought
baguettes. Homemade is delicious, but the proofing time is lengthy.)
For two mini baguettes
- 9 ounces strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ ounce salt
- ¼ ounce instant dry yeast
- 1 fluid ounce olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 6 fluid ounces water
For the cheesy garlic topping
- 3½ ounces cannabutter
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 4½ ounces buffalo mozzarella, roughly chopped or shredded
- handful any combination of finely chopped parsley, rosemary, basil
- To make the baguettes, place the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and ¾
of the water into a stand mixer with a dough hook attached. Always
put the flour in the mixer first, then add the yeast and the salt to
opposite sides of the bowl. This is important because the salt can
decrease yeast activity.
- Start mixing the ingredients at a slow speed, gradually adding the
rest of the water until the mixture becomes a smooth dough. This
should take about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe down the inside of a large mixing bowl with extra
olive oil. Set aside.
- When the dough is ready, tip it into the oiled bowl, cover with
plastic food wrap and leave to proof for 2 hours. Covering the dough
with food wrap helps prevent the dough from drying out and forming
- Prep your surface with oil before tipping the dough out of the bowl.
With flour-dusted hands, divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Using the heels of the hands, repeatedly fold one portion of the
dough in on itself. This makes the dough easier to handle and shape
and helps create a uniform texture. Repeat for the second portion.
- Stretch and fold one portion of dough before rolling it into a
baguette shape. Repeat for the second portion.
- Place the baguettes on a large baking tray, cover with plastic food
wrap and leave to proof until the baguettes have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and place a roasting dish
filled with water on the floor of the oven. This will create the
steam required to produce baguettes with a glossy crust.
- Once the baguettes have proofed, score the top of each three times
along its length on the diagonal, using a sharp knife.
- Bake the baguettes for 30 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 400
degrees and cook for a further 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the baguettes from the oven and leave to cool.
- While waiting for the baguettes to cool, place the ingredients for
the cheesy garlic topping into a food processor and blend until
- Once the baguettes have cooled, preheat the broiler to hot.
- Cut the baguettes into 1-inch diagonal slices and use a flat knife
to spread the cheesy garlic mixture on the slices.
- Put the slices under the broiler and cook until the cheese
has melted. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Serve immediately.
Cheesy marijuana garlic bread is easy to make and tastes delicious.
Serve it up as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a main course.