Celebrate the season by trying this simple, yet sophisticated recipe. Creamy ricotta pairs well with fleshy figs and smooth, medicated honey to make a light, refreshing dessert that could easily follow a Mediterranean-themed meal. Or you could whip up this easy, three-step dish as a light afternoon snack on a day where you can take the time to enjoy the relaxing effects of the marijuana-infused honey.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Eating Figs in Season
In California, fig season begins mid-May and goes until mid-December, which means you can enjoy this sweet treat all summer long into the start of winter. Meanwhile, in New York, figs appear in late June and last through the early part of fall. If you’re not really a big fan of figs, you can try substituting some other fruits that are in season like pitted dates or apples—whatever suits your fancy.
Take the Wheel with Taste, Texture and Cannabis Dosage
You’re in complete control when it comes to this sweet-and-savory, cannabis-spiked recipe. By all means, add more figs if you’d like to make this dish more fruit-forward. Pick up your preferred brand of marijuana-infused honey. Multiply the suggested dosage for cannabis honey by the number of people who’ll enjoy the dessert. Go for a lower dose of cannabis, if you’re interested in having a nice, mellow buzz. You can also cut the recipe (and dosage) if this is just for you.
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- Sliced figs (or another fruit of your choice, sliced or chopped)
- Medicated honey (add depending on desired strength and/or sweetness)
- Himalayan pink sea salt (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Place 1 cup of ricotta cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add your desired amount of figs or other fruit.
- Gently fold fruit in with the cheese so that it’s evenly distributed.
- Drizzle desired dosage of medicated honey over the top.
- If you’d like, you can top with a pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt and a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to balance against the sweetness of the figs.
Main photo credit jeroxie
If you’re new to cannabis and want to learn more, take a look at our Cannabis 101 post. HelloMD can help you get your medical marijuana recommendation; it’s 100% online, private and efficient.