Marie Antoinette famously said, "Let them eat cake!" and who doesn't love a good cake? If you're a medical cannabis patient, you can make a run-of-the-day cake even better with THC extract - why not make your marijuana consumption delicious! We suggest using Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) for this recipe, a high-intensity oil ideal for medical patients. It can also carry a strong weed taste, making a great pairing with a sweet cake recipe.
RSO carries a lot of therapeutic benefits, such as pain relief and relaxation, and is often used by cannabis patients dealing with anxiety, depression, or high blood pressure - its high potency helps many alleviate symptoms of many conditions. In addition, choosing an Indica strain, RSO is an excellent option for sleep-inducing effects meant for healing. RSO is often a black oil and has a tar-like consistency. Typically, the product comes in a syringe and is relatively easy to use. A cake recipe is full of great flavors and is a perfect way to balance any unpleasant weedy herbal notes.
So, if popping down to the store and buying some carrots sounds easy-peasy and you're in the mood for something tasty - make our carrot cake with homemade cream cheese frosting; it's a fun way to consume your marijuana and pass the time. Ready for some cake? Let's go!
How to Make it
Yield: One cake will serve ten slices. This recipe used a dosage of 500 mg (Approximately 50 mg of THC per slice). Be sure to mix cake batter well!
- 500 milligrams of Full-Spectrum RSO (about a ½ gram syringe of Rick Simpson Oil)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 2 cups grated carrots (about four large carrots)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 ounces full-fat block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Pinch of salt, for taste
Infused-Cannabis Cake Prep:
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place chopped pecans on the baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 350F.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, and grease again. (The parchment paper helps the cakes release from the pans easily.)
- Warm vegetable oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add RSO oil. Gently heat the infusion until it's warm enough to dissolve the RSO oil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk granulated sugar, brown sugar, RSO-infused oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl until there are no sugar lumps.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and cinnamon in another large bowl.
- Slowly fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fold the carrots and pecans into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test the center with a toothpick - make sure that the toothpick is clean and the cake is not gooey.
- Let the cakes cool by placing them on a wire rack. The cakes need to be completely cool before frosting.
- Beat together butter and cream cheese using a mixer in a large bowl for about 2 minutes on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add the confectioner's sugar, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract.
- Start by beating the mixture on low for 20-30 seconds, then go to a higher speed and mix for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add more sugar if the frosting is running thin. You can add a small amount of milk if it is coming out too thick. Frosting should be soft but not runny.
Layer and Frost:
- Using a large serrated knife, cut off the top of each cake to make a flat surface. Place one cake layer on a plate.
- Cover with frosting.
- Repeat for the second layer. Using the rest of the frosting, cover the top and sides of the cake. Be sure to smooth it out.
- Add pecans on top and all over the sides.
- Chill the cake in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. This helps the cake hold together.
Get Your Medical Document & Purchase Medical Cannabis
It's easy to get your medical document with the online Telehealth service HelloMD. Register, pay, and receive an online medical consultation with a licensed practitioner and start purchasing medical cannabis today.