After six or so weeks of holiday binging, starting the new year bright-eyed and bushy-tailed can be a tall order. Whether you’ve gained a few pounds from one too many cookies or are feeling polluted from too many late nights punctuated with a parade of sugary cocktails, you’re likely in need of a detox regimen—one that involves clean eating, exercise and lots of quality sleep.
To help you out on the clean eating front, we’ve got a green detox drink that’s chock full of antioxidants—and cannabis as well.
- Kale, kiwis, parsley and lemons are all great sources of vitamin C, which helps boost immunity and rids your body of free radicals that can cause inflammation, heart disease and even cancer.
- Nutrient-dense kale is also loaded with vitamins A and K as well as the flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol, both of which are powerful antioxidants in their own right.
- Cucumbers not only help with hydration—due to their high water content—but they also significantly up the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer ante.
The phytonutrients found in this drink make it the perfect antidote to any kind of holiday overindulgence. And when you add in cannabis, you’ve got a beverage that could also ease pain, improve sleep, boost mood and increase productivity.
RELATED: DIY RECIPE: CONSUMING THCA NATURALLY
Consider adding this drink to your daily repertoire for the month of January. We’re willing to bet it’ll help get you fired up and feeling good heading into the rest of 2019.
Ingredients for Cannabis-Infused Green Detox Drink
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup baby kale leaves (You can also substitute with spinach.)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 5 mL cannabis oil of your choice (Adjust according to your tolerance and preference.)
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Green Detox Drink
- Place all of the ingredients in a juicer and process.
- Pour into a glass, then stir in cannabis oil.
Note: If you don’t have a juicer, place leafy greens into a blender along with lemon juice and kiwis, and blend first. Then add all of the other ingredients and blend thoroughly.
Photo credit: Alisha Mishra
If you’re new to cannabis and want to learn more, take a look at our Cannabis 101 index of articles. HelloMD can help you get your medical marijuana recommendation; it's easy, private and 100% online.