These cannabis-infused pumpkin muffins are easy to make and perfect for the season, to enjoy on your own or with friends.
These delicious muffins are perfect to make for yourself, to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea, or to share with others. They’re a great way to enjoy good-for-you ingredients, as well as the stress- and anxiety-busting properties of marijuana. The basic recipe is low-glycemic, and it can also be made gluten-free by substituting your preferred gluten-free flour. You can also tailor this recipe to your taste by adding nuts, fruit or even chocolate chips.
How to Add Marijuana to Your Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Muffins
This recipe makes about 10 muffins and calls for a suggested amount of cannabis-infused butter or cooking oil steeped with marijuana. The amount of cannabutter you use should be modified based on your desired effect.
- 1/2 cup cannabutter or marijuana-infused cooking oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin pureé
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (plus some for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice or cloves
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (plus some for garnish)
- coarse sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease the cups of your muffin tin with normal butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter or oil and maple syrup. Add the eggs and mix well. Stir in the pumpkin pureé and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice or cloves.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix until combined. Here’s where you can add in your extras—nuts, fruit or chocolate—if you wish to do so.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with a small amount of cinnamon, sugar and oats.
Bake muffins for 23-26 min, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool for 10-15 min before removing from muffin tin.
After enjoying your first serving, be sure to wait one to two hours before having another muffin. As with all edibles, especially ones you’re trying for the first time, go low and slow. And if you’re sharing these delicious and healthy treats with others, make sure they know the muffins are infused before they have a taste.