If the return of the PSL makes you jump for joy every year, you need to whip up a batch of these CBD-infused pumpkin spice cookies, stat.
The sun sets earlier, sweaters come out of storage and the wind leaves a crisp bite in its wake—it must be fall. Besides the weather and short days, there’s one telltale sign that winter is fast approaching: There’s an abundance of pumpkin-spiced products pretty much everywhere you look.
If pumpkin spice is your jam, try this recipe for easy, tasty, cannabis-infused pumpkin spice cookies. These not-too-sweet treats feature ingredients packed with health benefits, including the following:
- Rolled oats are rich in soluble fiber, can lower cholesterol and help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Pumpkin is full of fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants, which are all great for heart health.
- Coconut oil is packed with healthy fatty acids that can boost fat burning and provide a great source of energy.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is non-psychoactive and has proven anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety benefits and more. Folks experience all sorts of advantages when taking CBD regularly, from helping ease soreness after workouts to reducing migraine pain.
With all of these positives, are you even eating cookies? You are, and they’re awesome.
RELATED: 6 REASONS TO CONSUME HEMP CBD
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 15 mL CBD tincture
How to Make CBD-Infused Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder and sea salt until completely combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, pumpkin, vanilla, maple syrup and CBD.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- On a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, drop scoops (a heaping tablespoon’s worth) of cookie dough. Using a spatula, flatten the rounded scoops to the desired thickness. They should be spaced at least an inch apart.
- Bake for 10–12 min. Remove from oven and let cookies cool for 10 min before enjoying.
Photo credit: Monika Grabkowska