There’s nothing more refreshing than drinking an ice cold cocktail on a sunny summer day…or is there? Summer days are often spent drinking poolside cocktails and afternoon wine, which may seem refreshing in the moment, but inevitably lead to dehydration, a headache and an early bedtime. For those who want to stay refreshed, relaxed and bright-eyed from the pool into the night, we have an amazing recipe for you — a spritzer infused with cannabidiol (CBD).
Mocktails have become an increasingly trendy way to enjoy a delicious beverage while maintaining sobriety, offering all the novelty and deliciousness of a fancy drink, minus the alcohol. With the increasing availability of CBD products, a new health trend is on the rise. Simply add a dose of CBD to your mocktail for a new twist that takes the edge off without making you feel high. Use this easy recipe to inspire other CBD-infused flavor combinations you can experiment with. The possibilities are endless — spritz away.
As with all cannabis recipes, the dosing can and should be altered to your preference. For drink recipes I recommend using a CBD tincture because it’s easy to measure and dissolves completely into the beverage.
This recipe makes about six servings, and can be made even more simple if you decide to use store bought lemonade. Simply add the appropriate dosage of CBD tincture and top with a spritz.
RELATED: DIY RECIPE: HEMP CBD BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Lemonade Spritzer With Basil
- 6–8 lemons
- 1 cup sugar (option to substitute sugar with honey, maple syrup or preferred sweetener)
- 5 cups water
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 cup seltzer
- 1–3 tsp CBD tincture or CBD-infused honey*
*Note: Always refer to product packaging to infer correct dosage of each serving.
Our CBD lemonade spritzer is the perfect alcohol replacement.
How To Make CBD-Infused Lemonade Spritzer With Basil
- To make the simple syrup, heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar over medium heat in small pan. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and let cool completely. It’s always possible to make simple syrup ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
- Juice lemons, straining out pulp and seeds using strainer or cloth.
- Combine remaining 4 cups of water, lemon juice, simple syrup and CBD tincture.
- To serve your refreshing mocktail, muddle a few basil leaves in the bottom of a glass, fill 3/4 way with lemonade and top with seltzer water. Option to garnish with slice of lemon and sprig of basil.