With the weather starting to change, I decided that I needed to up my smoothie game and make a few changes to my regular smoothie recipe.
One of the changes I’m making is simple: adding peanut butter. Why? Well first, I’ve been craving it, and so I’m definitely treating myself. Second, why not?
Maybe you read the rules of some mainstream diet or heard your favorite fitness guru speak about how evil peanut butter is. But quite frankly, I don’t think it’s that bad (and I’m a natural food chef and fitness specialist). Of course, a big exception to including peanut butter in your diet is if you suffer from a serious, life-threatening allergy to peanuts. And if this is the case, simply substitute peanut butter for any other nut butter of your choice. You can also use hemp seeds or just omit it all together.
The next smoothie adjustment I decided to make was with my liquid of choice. Now, when you’re surfing the web for smoothie recipes that are tasty and healthy, or even if you’ve decided to just visit a local smoothie shop, their non-dairy milk choices are typically:
But what if you can’t have any those? Well, you could just use plain old water but why not try something different? This is why we’re introducing oat milk into this delicious recipe. You can find oat milk pretty much at any health food store, Whole Foods or even at Walmart nowadays.
And if you’re looking to save some money, you can even make your very own oat milk. It’s really simple. All you need is:
- 1 cup of oats
- 3 cups of water
Just blend them together for about 30 seconds and you’re done. You can strain it using a fine mesh strainer or a nut milk bag. It’s really your personal preference; the mesh strainer seems to work best for me.
Then pour your oat milk into a mason jar, seal it tight and refrigerate for up to about a week. Now you’ve got your very own homemade oat milk, super simple.
Health Highlights of This CBD Shake
Here are some of the nutritional highlights for this recipe:
- Oats: Rich in antioxidants, oats can help repair skin and reduce inflammation.
- Bananas: If sleep is an issue for you, then this smoothie may be the answer to some of your problems. Bananas contain the amino acid L-tryptophan, which helps with relaxation. Combining bananas with cannabidiol (CBD) may be the perfect combination to get the very important rest you need.
- CBD: Speaking of CBD, this cannabinoid stimulates the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which can help to create balance in the body.
Many report CBD reduces:
CBD can also help address certain diseases, such as:
This protein-packed smoothie recipe is also gluten free, so long as you’re buying the oats that specify that they’re gluten free on the package.
This delicious recipe is also:
- Soy free
- Nut free
- Dairy free
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Peanut Butter Oat Milk Protein Shake
- 1 cup oats
- 16 oz oat milk
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 ml CBD tincture
- 2 scoops vegan plant-based protein powder
- 1 hand full of ice
How to Make CBD-Infused Peanut Butter Oat Milk Protein Shake
- Place all of your ingredients in a blender and blended until smooth.
- Serve in an 8 oz mason jar and garnish with fresh oats on top.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add more oat milk or water to thin it out.
Photo credit: Tito Dudley aka Chef T
Want to try CBD, but don’t know where to start? Shop our selection of high-quality, lab-tested CBD products and have them shipped to your door. And if you have questions about CBD, ask them and our community will answer.