Spring days are always a welcome sight after the bitter, cold winter. To celebrate the extra sunshine and daylight hours, it’s time to treat yourself with a healthy but delicious snack: carrot cake infused with cannabidiol (CBD).
This recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth, but won’t give you the sugar hangover that a traditional carrot cake would. Instead of cream cheese frosting, this recipe calls for a Greek yogurt-based topping that will produce the same creamy texture, but without the guilt.
Another plus of this crave-worthy carrot cake is that it’ll also get you your daily dose of CBD, whether you want to take CBD to:
You can choose any CBD tincture you like for this recipe, but a flavorless one would probably work best. That said, if you want to add a twist, you could include a flavored one like a lemon-ginger CBD tincture to give your cake’s flavor profile more depth.
Whichever tincture you choose, always ensure that it’s full spectrum, lab tested and made from hemp that’s responsibly grown.
RELATED: 6 WAYS CBD GOES TO WORK IN YOUR BODY
Ingredients for CBD-Infused Carrot Cake
For the cake:
- 12 mL hemp CBD
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or milk of your choice
- 3 large carrots, finely grated
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make CBD-Infused Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven heats up, prepare your baking pan (9x13 inches is recommended) by coating it with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients—flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, CBD tincture, coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup, Greek yogurt and milk until completely smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the carrots and raisins, if using, with a silicon spatula.
- Transfer the cake mix to the prepared baking pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the cake is done. Insert a toothpick or fork into the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready to come out of the oven. If your toothpick or fork has cake on it when you pull it out, you’ll need to bake a bit longer.
- To make the icing, simply stir together all of the frosting ingredients.
- When the cake’s done, let it cool completely before frosting it or the frosting will melt.
Photo credit: AS Food studio/Shutterstock.com
If you want to try CBD, but don’t know where to start? Shop our selection of high-quality, lab-tested CBD products and have them shipped to your door. And if you have questions about CBD, ask them and our community will answer.