I live in a state that does not have legalized medical marijuana use how would I get it?

I guess it would depend on how badly you want to get it, and how much effort you are willing to undertake. The obvious answer would be to travel to a state where Medical Marijuana is legal. This is commonly referred to as Canna-Tourism, or in the pejorative ‘being a medical refugee’. Its a lot of effort to undertake, but if you are truly in need for your health concerns, possibly worthwhile.

If you do travel, be aware that some states require you to be a resident of that state and therefore you may have some difficulty getting access even when you are there. In CA, there is some disagreement on the law where many dispensaries will require you to show residence of the state, while others will not. HelloMD does not differentiate between residents and non-residents. You do however need to be in the state of CA when you have your doctors consultation. Having received a recommendation, you will have to visit a dispensary that will serve out of state patients. These are fewer, but can be found.

Other states may have different laws. You will have to do your research on where the best place to visit would be for your situation. Its a complex and rapidly changing legal environment, so do your research.

Hope this helps.


What you'll find in this article
    Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
    Scroll to Top